This week was one thing after another and I’d rather not just throw a review together just so I could say I have kept the update schedule.
However, I do have a few unused Balloon Tales links to offer in its place…
- I knew my sound effects were lacking something but I didn’t know what until I saw this.
- And then my word balloons needed work and this article helped. Also, if you make a lot of dialog revisions, you may find the layer method useful. And of course, you’ll want to read this should you need to overlap balloons and then this to help join balloons.
- Instead of word balloons, you may have someone narrating the action. There are some good and bad ways to do that as well.
- Or maybe you actually want the characters to do some yelling or perhaps emphasize a word or two.
- Wait. Let’s back up a second and see if we should use upper or lowercase lettering.
- Of course, it’s also handy to read some plain talk on creating panel layouts and some discussion of panel flow.
- Here’s a handy trick for giving your comic the half tone comic look.
- And if you would like to save time coloring your comic, I bet this would save you some time if you have Photoshop.
- And here’s a bunch of different techniques and things to try.
- Finally, I found a few reviews of Drawing Words and Writing Pictures here, here and here. Looks like a book to read when I get the chance.